Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mathilda's Market....the aftermath



Whoah....I've been a little pre-occupied for the last couple of weeks and I didn't realise that I had neglected you. Sorry....

Pre-occupied is possibly understating it just a little.

The last 3 weeks I have been frantically trying to get everything ready for the Mathilda's Markets...and they have now been and gone. Phew! I'm not sure I was the loveliest person to be around:)....at the sewing machine for several hours per day and night, the washing was totally neglected, and Steven would probably say the same for him.



However, I had a major success with the market with a LOT of help from some very special friends.....I really want to thank Christine, who gave me several hours of company in the last few days before the market with sewing, pinning, overlocking, cutting and just generally being a very calming influence. Angie for helping by cutting out batting for the bibs and a stack of babyshoes, Bec for cutting out more batting and helping out at the Market ALL day and Francesca who was absolutely amazing!!! Fran supplied some gorgeous props for my stall and most importantly the expertise to set it up beautifully and take extra special care with our customers all day long. Cindy for lending me her gorgeously rustic ladder and Mum for crocheting some absolutely fabulous Gnome Homes. And the lovely Jen, who made the most beautiful Steiner Doll and donated it to Ayla's Fundraising. Thank you all sooooo very much. I, absolutely, could not have done this without you all.



At the end of the day I spied both Bec and Fran with their heads together over the calculator giggling away....this was followed by a 'high five' from Fran as she told me what our total sales for the day were....you ready for it?? $950 in sales!!!! Holy Cow!!!! That's $950 straight into Ayla's ABR Account. I had lots of really wonderful comments about my little bits, lots of positive remarks on how beautifully the stall was set-up (Thanks Fran!!) and just generally feel my confidence growing that I'm not the only one who likes my stuff :). Seriously, there are times when I question whether I just like the stuff I make purely because I made it.

On Sunday....I did absolutely NOTHING. I did not move off the couch for the entire day except to visit the toilet. Total Jamie day.



Anyway, I really want to share some photos of the stall with you all. The hardest part is choosing which ones.....

3 comments:

The Everyday Mum said...

Congratulations! That is awesome. You should be very proud of yourself. The pictures of the stall are fab, and I'm sure it was even better in person. I'm sorry I missed the market - next time, I'll be there with bells on!

left_sub_scribe said...

Well done Lis. Have been waiting anxiously to see how you went.
Awesome. Love the pics. Love Auntie Rob.

S said...

fabulous - every bit of it! ...my wee girl was very sick so we didn't get out to buy her any fancy pants, but next time we will.